Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is set up high in the clouds at an altitude of between 2,227m and 4,127m and was primarily founded to safeguard the endangered species of Mountain Gorillas that inhabit the dense forests as well as the rare Golden Monkey. The park was also once a habitat for the indigenous Batwa people who were its first occupants. It includes beautiful mysterious creations like the three conical extinct volcanoes i.e Sabyinyo, Gahinga and Muhabura that are among those of the Virunga Range that covers the area at the border of Uganda, Congo and Rwanda. These volcanoes extend to the Albertine Rift on the DR Congo, Rwanda, Uganda, North and North East of Lake Kivu. Mt. Sabyinyo is known to be the oldest followed by Mt. Gahinga that is much younger with a swamp crater of approximately 180 m diameter at the peak. Muhabura is the youngest volcano with a cone-shape including a candid crater lake that is about 36m in diameter at the peak.
- Bird watching
- Gorilla Tracking
- Cultural Encounters
- Hiking and Nature Walks
- Mountain/ Volcano Climbing
Transfer to the tremendous Mgahinga Gorilla National park to have extraordinary encounters with the endangered species of Mountain Gorillas in their habitat. Mgahinga is strategically located and is among the Virungas with various bird species as well as other mysteries of nature. Other primates can also be spotted while here and these include the rare Golden Monkey, black and white colobus as well as other monkeys. Enjoy safari Activities like;
- Gorilla Trekking which will enable you spot and interact with the endangered species of Mountain Gorillas.
- Bird watching which will enable you have spectacular views of the brilliant birds of the air.
- Hiking and nature walks which can be enjoyed in the thick neighboring forests as well as the surrounding communities.
- Mountain/ Volcano Climbing along the various volcanoes like Mt.Gahinga & Mt.Mhabura.
- Cultural encounters to the neighboring communities like those of the Batwa and here you will learn alot about these people that have lasted a decade.
Looking for suitable Accommodation at/ around Mgahinga Gorilla National Park? Look through our available accommodation type to get what falls under your budget. Choose any among the various options to have exceptional experiences.