Bwindi Forest national park is situated in the south western part of Uganda at the intersection of the plain and mountain forests occupying an area of 32,000 ha. The park is situated along the rim of the western part of the Great Rift Valley in the highest parts of Kigezi highlands that were formed by forces of up-warping. The terrain is very craggy with narrow valleys intertwined by sharp vertical hills and rivers with extraordinary biodiversity that includes more than 160 species of trees, 100 species of ferns, various bird species, butterflies and different endangered wildlife species like the Mountain gorilla. The park is among the largest destinations in East Africa with Afro montane lowland forest with exceptional biological richness enfolded by an agricultural terrain with high local population densities in humid Africa. The park’s altitude varies from 1,190 to 2,607 meters above sea level with 60% of the elevation being more than 2,000 meters above sea level. The highest elevation in the park is Rwamunyonyi hill along the eastern border of the park while the lowest is at its most northern tip. The climatic condition here is basically tropical with both rainy and dry seasons.
- Gorilla Tracking
- Bird watching
- Cultural Encounters
- Hiking and Nature Walks
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
Situated strategically in the south western part of Uganda, Bwindi Impenetrable has thick vast forest vegetation that makes it unique from all forests around Africa. The forest inhabits the endangered species of mountain Gorillas, monkeys, birds of the air as well as different tree species, ferns etc. There are various activities taken at the park and these include;
- Gorilla Trekking which will enable you spot and interact with the rare species of Mountain Gorillas.
- Bird watching which is very appropriate for vivid photographers due to the various bird species that are available.
- Hiking and Nature walks through the thick forest via different trails as well as the surrounding communities like the indigenous Batwa community.
- Cultural encounters which will enable you visit and interact with the Batwa people.
- Cycling and Mountain Biking which will enable you discover the various terrain and vegetation around the park and neighboring villages.
There is plenty of various accommodation types in and around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to suit all the requirements of various travelers worldwide. This includes budget, luxury and mid range.